Democracy is that in which the concerns of the people are heard and acted upon. And while it is a system in the works, allowing people to have a voice goes a long way in building their trust and in actually working for the welfare of the masses by using the resources available. West Bengal, being a progressive and learned state has turned an attentive ear towards the issues of the people and launched the WB Duare Duare Paschim Banga Sarkar Scheme 2020.
Need for the scheme
Over the years, several governments have tried to identify the issues of the people at an intrinsic level but have not entirely managed to reach the grass-root level of problems of the common man. In order to have a better outreach and governmental intervention programme, the government of West Bengal has initiated a scheme that reaches out to people and helps them out with their grievances. The state government endorses this scheme as a “Government at your doorstep” programme.
The scheme was launched by West Bengal CM Mamta Banerjee at a programme held at the Sidhu Kanhu Indoor stadium in Durgapur.
Salient features of the WB Duare Duare Paschim Banga Sarkar Scheme 2020 – West Bengal Government At Your Doorstep
The scheme, for the purpose of better outreach and proper implementation, will be offering the following benefits:
- As a part of the scheme, the West Bengal government will be establishing camps at every block of the state.
- These camps will serve as centers of addressing several grievances of the people from the varying spectrum of everyday life.
- There will be state government officials present across camps to look into the requirements of the people and try to fulfill them at all times.
- Camps set up by the state government will be functional from the 1st of December 2020.
Objective of the scheme
- The main objective of the scheme is to bridge the gap between the people and the state government so that the state government can design more effective plans for the welfare of the people.
- By establishing camps, the people no longer have to resort to websites or middlemen. This weeds out a lot of confusion and corruption, thereby making the implementation of the scheme seamless and the purpose of the scheme – which is the welfare of the people – all the more attainable.
- An important objective of the scheme is to give people a legitimate feeling of having a voice and the assurance that their queries will be looked into, no matter what. Their grievances hold importance and that the state government will work on it to make living easier for the people.
The WB Duare Duare Paschim Banga Sarkar Scheme 2020 – West Bengal Government at Your Doorstep, with its agendas, is more than just a scheme; it is the manifestation of a philosophy. It is the rightful exercise of democracy and the true essence of a republic.