UP Vidhwa Pension Yojana is a scheme devised for widows who find it difficult to make it through. Things have gotten more difficult in the light of the pandemic and the consequent lockdown, and widows, therefore, are in need of all the assistance.
What are the eligibility criteria for the UP Vidhwa Pension Yojana?
In order to be eligible for the benefits the scheme offers, the applicant has to have these criteria followed:
- The applicant woman must be between the age group 18-60 years.
- Only women of Uttar Pradesh can apply for the benefits this scheme has to offer
- If the applicant has remarried post the death of her husband, then the application would be rejected.
- The applicant should not be benefitting from any other government scheme like the UP Old age pension scheme, etc.
- The widow’s children should not be adults who are capable of earning and supporting
The beneficiary under this scheme would get a pension of ₹300 per month and after attaining the age of 80 years, the beneficiary will get ₹500 per month.
When would the pension benefits be discontinued?
The pension benefits would be discontinued if:
- The beneficiary happens to remarry
- If the beneficiary gets above the Below Poverty Line.
UP government has taken a good initiative at improving the conditions of widows who as it is found it difficult to make ends meet. Especially with the lockdown being implemented, widows find it even more difficult to run the house and with such a monetary benefit being offered, things do get slightly better for them.