In an agrarian economy, the welfare of the farmers has to be prioritised at all costs. Several attempts have been made to alleviate the situation of the farmers who barely make ends meet. However, in the last few years, the state governments in India have started implementing schemes that are innovative in nature and have the welfare of the farmers at the heart of its execution.
The Telangana Government is not too far behind in working towards the eternal plight of the farmers and has therefore initiated a new scheme – The Telangana Rythu Bandhu Scheme.
About the Rythu Bandhu Scheme
The Rythu Bandhu scheme has been designed for the year 2021 and has the welfare of the farmers at the core of its implementation. It is a financial support scheme for agricultural purposes. In this Farmers Investment Support Scheme (FISS), the government is providing financial assistance of ₹10,000 per year – ₹5,000 per acre per season – to each farmer.
This financial assistance scheme is already benefiting roughly about 61.49 lakh farmers covering around 1.52 crore acres of farming land. The farmers in Telangana will now get ₹7,500 crores of financial assistance under the implementation of the scheme from 28th December 2020 to 7th January 2021.
How to apply for the Rythu Bandhu Scheme in Telangana?
If you are a farmer in the state of Telangana, and intending to apply for the scheme, here is how you could go about it:
- The first step is to visit the official website of the Rythu Bandhu scheme at http://rythubandhu.telangana.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on the “Rythu Bandhu” as shown in the image below, for your reference
- Then, the Telangana Rythu Bandhu scheme homepage will appear
- Then, you would have to go to the “Notifications” section and click on the respective links to open the forms as mentioned
Salient features of the Rythu Bandhu scheme
The important feature of the scheme stand as follows:
- Rythu Bandhu is a per acre investment support scheme for farmers.
- The Telangana government will provide ₹10,000 per acre which will be paid annually in two equal instalments and will be credited directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. Prior to this, however, pay order cheques of ₹5,000 per crop season were issued to farmers.
- There are roughly about 61 lakh farmers who are benefitting from the scheme. At the moment, Tenant farmers are excluded from this input assistance scheme.
- The Telangana government has specifically earmarked ₹14,000 crores for the implementation of the Rythu Bandhu scheme in the state.
- Rythu Bandhu is to offer financial assistance to farmers. Agriculture Extension Officers are consistently monitoring and supervising the Rythu Bandhu cheques at the rural or village level.
Summing it up
In the end, it is essential to know that there are provisions being made for the benefit of farmers across the nation. Farmers are primary contributors to the nation’s economy, and if they are in a comfortable state themselves, the nation’s economy will skyrocket too.