Offering financial assistance to the poor has been the aim of several governments over the decades. With the pandemic looming over the world at the moment, those who have been marginalized economically have been facing massive challenges ever since lockdowns have been announced. People barely are making enough to make ends meet and have, in the bargain, thrown away all dreams of getting a roof over their heads.
With homelessness rising exponentially, paired with several other factors, the people of Punjab find themselves in a difficult situation.
The state government of Punjab has, in an attempt to help those who are below the poverty line and have been struggling, announced the Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana.
How to apply for the Punjab Shehri Was Yojana online?
The Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana has been launched as a part of the Punjab State Urban Livelihood Mission. All the people of Punjab, who intend to apply for this scheme, can now apply online at the official website.
Here is how you can go about it.
- Visit the official website of the Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana.
- On the homepage, click on the “Citizen Form” link which is presented as shown in the image below
- Once you click on this link, a new page will load asking “Do you have land for constructing your own home?”, to which the applicant can click “Yes” or “No” depending on the applicant’s situation.
The Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana Online registration form 2020
If the applicant clicks on the “No” option as mentioned above, the Punjab Shehri Awas Online. Registration form will appear.
In this form, the applicant gets to fill in all the details in the Punjab Awas Yojana online form for affordable Housing in a partnership component. The details to be filled include name, father’s name, address, ward name, age, gender, mobile number, marital status, Aadhaar number, ownership details of the existing house, religion, caste, bank account details, income as per returns filed, disability status (if applicable), and monthly income.
Finally, the applicant can upload their recent photographs and enter other family member details like the PAN Card number, ID proof, and when all details have been filled in, the applicant can click on the “Submit” button which would conclude the application procedure to the Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana form.
Eligibility criteria for the Punjab Housing scheme?
How do you know if you are eligible for the Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana? If you meet the following criteria, you would know if you are eligible or no.
- The applicant must be a resident of Punjab and has to procure proof of residence to prove so, as and when needed.
- No person or the family member of the applicant applying should be a government employee
- The applicant should complete a minimum of 18 years of age to be eligible to apply for the housing scheme
- The applicant should belong to the scheduled caste or backward class, in order to be applying for this scheme
- The beneficiaries should hold the relevant caste before applying for the Punjab housing scheme.