In 2018, to attract meritorious students to the field of Research and Development, the Government of India, launched Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) Scheme, offering direct admission to students in Ph.D. programs in institutions, such as IITs, IISERs, and IISc.
The objective of this sarkari yojana is to attract the talent pool of India to doctoral programs for conducting research in cutting-edge science and Technology domains while focusing on national priorities.
- Rs. 70,000/month for the first 2 years, Rs. 75,000/ month for 3rd year, and Rs. 80,000/month in the 4th and 5th years are provided.
- A research grant of Rs. 2.00 lac/year is provided to all fellows for a 5-year period, covering their academic contingency expenses and national/international travel expenses.
Applicants should have:
- Completed or be pursuing final year of 4- or 5-year undergraduate degree, 5-year integrated M.Tech/M.Sc., or 5-year undergraduate–postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology from IIESIISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs/centrally funded IIITs
- Secured minimum CGPA/CPI of 8.0 (out of 10.0). For applicants in a 5-year integrated or dual degree programs, if separate CGPAs/CPIs are awarded for UG and PG parts of the program, CGPA/CPI of UG part (first 4 years) are considered for eligibility
- Pursued required academic qualification in the previous 5 years
Eligible applicants should submit a project abstract on the official website of PMRF. The project abstracts are aimed at assisting the selection committee to judge research and analytical capability of applicants.
The selection process for the PMRF is a rigorous two-stage process. Herein, screening by reviewers and final selection by the selection committee for broad disciplines are conducted to select the perfect talent.
For more information click here.