The PM FME has been launched as an extension of the ideology of Prime Minister’s Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhigyan by The Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
This Scheme is multifaceted and will be implemented to organize the micro food processing units, to provide access to the credit facility, subsidies as well as introduce new technology, impart skill training, to integrate food supply chain and to create employment for workers.
Details of the Scheme
- There are micro food processing units all over the country including 25 lac unregistered units. This scheme aims to integrate and organize the micro-units in rural and urban areas.
- These units do not necessarily conform to health safety standards for lack of awareness and training. The aim of the scheme is also to provide for this lack.
- To market the products according to the One District One Product (ODOP) plan.
- To provide 35% subsidy on product cost ,upto Rs10,000.
- To make available loans for the project where only 10% cost has to be borne by the Units.
- To bring new technology to these units to upgrade the experience of food processing.
- To provide loans, and grant facility to SHGs and FPOs.
- The expenditure of the Scheme would be shared by Central and State Govt in 60:40
- At least 2 Lac Units would be presented with credit facility and subsidy support.
- The implementation of the scheme will be done in 5 years,from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
- Inter-Ministerial Empowered Committee (IMEC) would be responsible for monitoring the implementation of the Scheme
- The creation of an IT portal not only for dissemination of information related to the scheme and but also for providing a platform for beneficiaries to participate and apply for the scheme as well.