Labour is the backbone of any economy. Without their constant help and tireless support, infrastructure would not be what it is. All around the world, labour is an essential part of any and every development. In order to have labourers valued in India, the Government of Odisha has issued the Odisha Labour Card list.
Benefits of the Odisha Labour Card
These are some of the main benefits that come with having an Odisha Labour Card.
- Assistance in the case of an accident on duty
- Death benefits to the bereaved family
- Medical expenses for the treatment of injuries is covered
- Maternity benefits for women labourers
- Financial assistance for skill up-gradation
- Educational assistance provided to those who wish to upscale vocationally
- Assistance for funeral expenses
What are the eligibility criteria for the Odisha Labour card applicant?
- The applicant must be a resident of the state of Odisha and must provide residential proof of the same
- The applicant must be above the age of 18 years
- The applicant must be below the age of 60 years
- The applicant must be a construction site worker
Financially, those working at construction sites have one of the hardest life to live. For hours of physical labour, they often get exploited by being paid a meagre amount. In order to bring dignity to their efforts, the Government of Odisha has issued the Labour Card that brings benefits to construction workers and with an added level of assurance, they finally have some hope to improve their financial conditions in the long run.