In times of global warming, governments all over the world have started looking into cleaner and greener sources of energy. The Indian Government alongside the Maharashtra state government has launched the Solar pump scheme named Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana 2020.
This is a scheme primarily designed to benefit farmers in the state who end up usually incurring heavy electricity costs. Paying heed to the troubles farmers face in Maharashtra, the state government intends to provide 100,000 solar water pumps to farmers across the state.
How to apply for the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana 2020?
If you are a farmer in Maharashtra looking to apply for the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana, here is how you can go about it.
- Firstly, you would have to log on to the official website.
- Once the page loads, you will see the homepage with various options. Scroll over to the “Beneficiary Facility” link which is present in the header of the website. You can click on the “Apply Online” option and then click on the “New Customer” link as shown here
- Once you do that. The application form for the Off-grid solar agriculture pump for paid pending or for New connection customer (Format A-1) will appear in front of you as shown here
- The farmer is expected to fill in the details as requested by the form alongside specifications of the location, nearest consumer details, and the type of irrigation the farmer is into.
- On having filled all the information, the applicant farmer would just have to upload the documents and click on “Submit Request” to complete the solar pump online registration in the state of Maharashtra.
How to check the application status?
Once you have filled in all your details and wish to know the status of your application, here is how you can go about it.
- Visit the same official website
- On the homepage, scroll over the “Beneficiary facility” tab and click on the “Status of Application / Payment” link.
- On clicking that section, such a page will load in front of you
- The applicant farmer would have to enter the beneficiary ID provided during the login process and click on the “Search button” to check the online status of the application.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- Farmers should have farmland with an assured source of water. however, if a farmer has a conventional source of electricity, then the farmer shall not receive the benefits of the Solar AG pump from this scheme.
- Farmers from an area that does not fall within the “electrified through conventional source grid” shall be considered eligible.
- Farmers from remote and tribal areas of the state are eligible
- Farmers from villages not electrified yet due to the NOC from Forest Dept.
- Beneficiary farmers of the Dhadak Sinchan Yojana are also eligible.
This is a great initiative from the Government of Maharashtra as they would not only save exorbitant bills to farmers but also ensure that the state and its agricultural practices are undertaken with nature at the core of those decisions.