As the nation enters a more progressive world, adhering to traditional and regressive beliefs might just be what hinders national progress. The traditional belief that women are only suited to look after the welfare of the house needs to change if we are aiming to be a progressive nation.
About the MP Jeevan Shakti Yojana
The MP Jeevan Shakti Yojana aims to solve employment problems for the women in the marginalized areas of Madhya Pradesh by offering them job opportunities. Lately, the demand for face masks has skyrocketed, and this stands to be a perfect opportunity for homemakers in Madhya Pradesh who end up having some free time during the day once their chores are done. To utilize this time by making masks and earning some extra money in the meanwhile, the MP Jeevan Shakti Yojana offers opportunities to women.
How to enroll for the MP Jeevan Shakti Scheme?
In order to avail the benefits of the scheme, women in Madhya Pradesh would have to enroll themselves on the Jeevan Shakti online portal. Here is the procedure for registration in the Jeevan Shakti Yojana
- Visit the official website of the MP Jeevan Shakti Yojana.
- On the homepage of the website, there will be the “Register Women entrepreneur” link. The applicant is expected to click here.
- There will be an application form that will load on the screen.
- The applicant has to fill in the necessary details like mobile number, woman entrepreneur details, current address details, bank details, etc. The applicant would also have to upload documents supporting the information filled in on the form.
- Then click on the “Save” button to save the details on the website
- This marks the end of the registration process.
- One can also register herself by calling the call center number: 07552700800.
- Once dialed, the number will ask you to enter your account number in that helpline number.
- Those who registered for the scheme through the call center would receive face mask orders on their registered mobile phone number.
Benefits of the scheme
- This scheme will empower women living in the urban areas of Madhya Pradesh financially and enable them to generate added income by making face masks.
- The MP state government has set the price of the mask to be ₹11 so as to benefit the women with decent profit margins.
Eligibility for the scheme
The benefits of the scheme extend to those women who adhere to the following criteria:
- Applicant woman should be a resident of Madhya Pradesh.
- The applicant should be a resident of an urban area.
- The woman should have easy access to a sewing machine.
- The applicant should have the proper knowledge of sewing and weaving so that the masks sewn are of good quality.
With such progressive measures in place, the women in Madhya Pradesh can now feel assured that their economic situations can improve and they play the role of an active contributor to it now.