Education is a fundamental tool in helping people out of their predicaments and launching them into the heights of success and consequent well-being. And though education is said to be a mandate for all, there are people not so privileged in our country to avail the fruits education has to offer. Education, in all honesty, is an expensive affair and it takes resources to implement education well, which, when done nationwide, will cost money.
In order to make education all the more accessible to people from the poorer sectors of society, the government of India launched the MOMA grants scholarship which happens to basically be scholarships offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Under the MOMA grants, minority groups can benefit from Pre-matric grants, post-matric grants, and merit-cum-means scholarships for several professional and technical courses.
The beneficiaries of these scholarships get up to ₹20,000 for each annum. The government of India is wanting to dispense five lakh grants under the post-matric grant and 30 lakh grants under the pre-matric grant.
Types of MOMA scholarships
- Pre-matric Scholarship: This scholarship is initiated at the pre-matric level to help minority groups with their understudies. The grants are offered to class 1 to 10 understudies and up to ₹600 a month are offered to support their academic fees. The family annual income must not surpass ₹1 lakh and it ought to be under half the earlies assessment to be eligible for the benefits of the scheme offered.
- Post-matric Scholarship: Under the arrangement of Post-matric scholarship, minority students may apply for Ph.D. The family income of the applicants must not surpass ₹2 lakhs and their imprints or proportional evaluations out to be under half in the earlier assessment. This national minority grant offers students a grant amount of up to ₹10,000 every year along with an upkeep amount of ₹1200 every month to help them out with their resources and necessary studying material, commuting expenses, etc.
How to Apply for the MOMA Scholarship?
In order to apply for the MOMA scholarship, the applicant has to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the MOMA scholarship.
- Click on the option titled New registration.
- The instructions are specific and are mentioned on the page.
- The applicant is expected to read the instructions well and tick on the declarations made.
- Click on the option called “Continue”.
- A new page will be displayed on the screen.
- The applicant is expected to tick on the scholarship that one is applying for.
- The application form will be displayed on the screen.
- The applicant has to fill the application form.
- The applicant would have to upload all documents whichever are needed for the application to go ahead well.
- The applicant would also have to pay the fee for enrolment in the scholarship exam.
- Finally, the applicant has to click on “Submit”.
Documents Needed for the Scholarship
- Family income proof or certificate
- self -certified community certificate for candidates over 18 years of age
- Educational mark sheets with at least 50% marks
- Bank details
- Domicile certificate
- Aadhaar number
- Identity card