Acknowledging one’s hard work and paying hard work with some reward encourages more people to outperform themselves. And this is the key to bringing out the best in people – incentivizing things.
The Karnataka government, over the years, has grown cognizant of the incentive effect and has therefore linked their incentives around the modernist turn of the era – towards digitization.
What is the scheme about?
The Chief Minister of Karnataka, Mr. HD Kumaraswamy started the Karnataka Free Laptop scheme for students who passed grade 12 with great scores. In addition to meritorious students, the government also promised to offer laptops to students who have excelled in other fields in their colleges.
Roughly about ₹311 crores have been earmarked by the Karnataka State government for the implementation of the scheme. A target of more than 3,6000 students across the state.
Objective of the scheme
The main goal of the scheme is to promote digital education in students and to provide technical education to those students who are not able to purchase a laptop all by themselves due to financial constraints.
Eligibility criteria to be counted in for the scheme
In order to be counted eligible for the scheme, the Karnataka laptop scheme requires you to adhere to the following:
- The applicant must be a resident of Karnataka
- The applicant can be of any category or one from the backward category as well – basically, the scheme is open to all
- The student must have passed class 12 with good grades.
The procedure for application of free laptop
Here is the procedure to apply for the Karnataka Laptop scheme if you adhere to all of the above-mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Visit the official website of the scheme. Click here to visit the website.
- On the official page, you will see the option ‘Laptop scheme’. Click on the option. The option would be present on the homepage.
- Fill up the application form
- Attached all of the above documents
- Submit it to the Karnataka Educational board.
Which courses are considered eligible for the free laptop scheme?
There are only a few courses considered eligible for the scheme. Only students studying under these schemes can apply for the Free Laptop scheme. These courses are:
- Medical studies
- Post-graduation courses
- Polytechnic college
- Students studying in first-grade colleges.
What essential documents are needed to apply for the scheme?
- Aadhaar card
- Age certificate
- Bank account information
- Proof of Karnataka Residence
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- SC//ST/OBC caste certificate, if applicable.
A free laptop is a great incentive for students to work harder. This will motivate them to achieve higher than they usually would and encourage them to outperform themselves.
A laptop, in these trying times, is a boon. Students will definitely not let go of such a golden opportunity.