With the pandemic striking down on the people out of nowhere, availing of even the bare essentials has gotten increasingly difficult for most people. In the last couple of months, we have seen on a first-hand account of how helpful the governments have been to ration card holders when it comes to offering assistance with food grains.
With a ration card, a family basically gets to avail of food grains at a subsidized price under the Public Distribution System (PDS). The Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department under the Haryana government issues various ration cards based on the income and the number of members in a given family.
How can you check the Haryana Ration Card list 2020?
If you are a resident of Haryana and are wondering how you can check the list to see if your name has been included, here is how you can go about it.
- Visit the official website of the Food and Civil supplies Department of Haryana
- You would then have to select the PDS portal tab
- Once you click on this, you will be taken to a different page where you get the option of “E-public distribution system” You are expected to click on this tab
- On click that, you will be directed to another page where you will now be able to see the “Report tab” option. You are expected to click on it
- After you select the “MIS and Report” select the ration card tab
- Click on the required district from the list
- Once you have selected the district, you can click on the AFSO for the region
- Now you can look for the closest Ration shop in your vicinity and the ration card list will appear.
What are the types of Ration cards available?
There are the following types of ration cards usually available:
- APL – Above poverty line
- CBPL – Centre Below Poverty line
- AAY – Antyodaya Anna Yojana
- OPH – Other Priority Household
What are the documents needed to apply for Haryana Ration Card?
In order to apply for the Haryana Ration card, the following documents are needed:
- Recent passport size photos
- Aadhaar card
- Gas connection
- Electricity bills of previous months
- PAN card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bank passbook
How to check up on your Ration card status?
You can check the status of your ration card application by visiting the Haryana Saral Portal.
If you find that to be too complicated, you can even check the status of your application through SMS. Here is how you can go about it:
- Type in Saral <space> <Application ID/Ticket number>
- Send this message to 7738299899 for tracking your application
- You have to send this message through your registered Mobile number which you provided while registering for the ration card
Summing it up
Ration card, in the last couple of months, has proven to be a boon in ways more than one. To ensure that people get to apply for a ration card without having to step out of the comforts and the safety of their houses, the government of Haryana offered the option to apply for the scheme through the online portal.