Lately, with the pandemic setting in, people have realized the importance of household ration all the more. The importance of ration at a time like this has increased manifold, and therefore the government has been in a constant effort to make the process of availing ration a whole lot more seamless to people all over the nation.
The Bihar Food and Civil Supplies department has released the Bihar Ration Card list after the completion of the registration process for new ration card applications throughout the nation.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, implemented lockdowns have brought a lot of families to bankruptcy and have impacted sources of income far and wide. In order to offer aid to those families who have suffered the impact of the lockdown and beyond, the government will offer ₹1,000 through the online mode of transaction. This amount would be transferred in only those accounts which have been linked to the Aadhaar Card and made under governmental banks.
All activities generally related to the public distribution system of ration and ration cards are carried out by the Bihar State Food and Civil Supplies corporation limited. This is specifically carried out under the efficient supervision of the Food and Consumer Protection Department of the Government of Bihar.
The new system of offering ₹1000 was especially introduced to those who do not have ration cards at the moment. This assistance was declared by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar that those who do not have ration cards but were identified as Self-help groups of ‘Jeevika’ in the state.
Steps to apply for the Bihar New Ration Card list 2020
If you are interested in applying for the ration card online, here is how you can go about it.
- Visit the official website Bihar New Ration Card list: epds.bihar.gov.in.
- Once the site loads, you will see an option called “Ration card Registration” on the left along with several other options.
- Once you click on that, you will also get an option to choose from the districts of Bihar, so that you can opt for one closest to you for your convenience.
- Once you have selected your district, you can choose the name of the tehsil that is closest to your residence and the appropriate rate which the shopkeeper allotted you respectively.
- This will then take you to the list of ration card beneficiaries where you have to find the name of the head of the family and click on the ration card option that goes as RC.
- Finally, all the details related to the ration card will finally appear on your screen from which you can check which one to opt for.
Through this initiative, the government is trying to reach out to as many as possible, so as to provide households with at least enough ration that enables them a meal twice a day. Times are rough, but only with such initiatives taken by the government can people too poor to make it through these trying times.