Bihar has always faced logistical issues when it comes to the issuance of legal certificates and documents. To ease out the process considerably, the Bihar government resorted to digitize the whole process.
Now residents of Bihar can apply online for caste, resident, income, and various other certificates online. They can do this by availing the RTPS official portal for people. This portal has been revised and restructured as the previous portal could not function efficiently.
The new portal: www.serviceonline.bihar.gov.in
Documents needed to apply for the procurement of certificates/documents
Usually, an Aadhar card should suffice however if the applicant does not have the Aadhar card available, then any one of the following 12 types of ID proofs recognized by the Election Commission of India will work:
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Service ID card
- Passbook with photo issued by the Bank/post office
- Pan Card
- Smart card issued by the Ministry of Labour
- MGNREGA job card
- Health Insurance smart card
- Pension document
- Govt ID card
- Aadhar card
How to apply?
- The applicant would have to visit the official website: serviceonline.bihar.gov.in
- There would be an option available on the left side, known as RTPS service
- You would have to click on the option if you want to create caste certificate and then on Aay Praman Patra option
- You would then have to click on the online application form page
- Click on Apply for Service option
- You would have to enter your Login ID and password
- Fill the form with your accurate information
Once you have filled everything in, you can submit the form and download a copy of the same for future reference.