The land is a personal belonging and gets categorized as an asset. Maintaining land records can be a fairly tedious affair and different states have a different way of maintaining land records. The state government of West Bengal has digitized its land ownership records, pertaining to the age of digitization and the ease of maintaining records it offers. It has managed to do so via the Banglarbhumi portal. Considering the digital era, the West Bengal government seems to have gotten on to the bandwagon right away with the Banglarbhumi portal.
What is the Banglarbhumi Portal?
Banglarbhumi essentially is an online portal for land records which was introduced by the Department of Land and Land records in collaboration with the Directorate of Land Records and Survey, Government of West Bengal.
The portal offers access to land information including the record of Rights with a quick and hassle-free turnaround time, thereby offering utmost convenience to landowners. The land records serve as an essential database during important land transactions for both parties – the buyers and the sellers.
Benefits of the Banglarbhumi Portal
The following are the benefits of the Banglarbhumi West Bengal portal:
- Residents of West Bengal do not need to visit any government office in person to access any land information in West Bengal which comes in even handier during the outbreak of Coronavirus.
- They can access land records in just a few minutes via the Banglarbhumi portal.
- Any information regarding the land or property is accessible to even the remotest areas of West Bengal.
- It simplifies the procedure of Land/ Property sale and purchase
- It essentially improves transparency in the state’s land record maintenance and upkeep in the long run.
- The portal offers detailed Khatian and plot information which helps avoid any dispute regarding differing land ownership claims.
- Entrepreneurs who are planning to set up industries in West Bengal can also get access to the proposed site’s infrastructural information and availability via the digital portal.
Registration Process for Banglarbhumi?
If you are a new user, then you would have to register with the online portal with just a few steps.
- Visit the Banglarbhumi official website
- Click on “sign up”
- Fill in the public registration form which is displayed on the screen with the following details:
A. Name and Address
B. Parents’ name (both – father and mother)
C. Jurisdiction details (Municipality and district)
D. Contact details (Email ID and Mobile number)
- You would then have to select a password
- Confirm your identity with captcha verification
- Click on “Generate your OTP” and verify all details by entering the OTP
- Click on “Submit” to complete the registration process.
How to track Banglarbhumi status?
By following the steps given here, you can track the status of your WB land or property rights application.
- Visit the West Bengal e-District Portal.
- Next, click on the “Inspection report” which is available on the bottom right-hand side corner of its homepage.
- Proceed to enter the application number provided in the record of Rights application acknowledgement receipt.
- Once entered, click on the “Document search” option to view the Banglarbhumi ROR application status.