Savings are an integral part of personal finances. Until and unless there is no external motivation for it, people are likely to push forth saving goals to “some other time”. In order to encourage people to start savings and improve personal finances, the state government of Kerala has initiated the Kerala KSFE Pravasi Chitty scheme.
About the Kerala KSFE Pravasi Chitty scheme 2021
The KSFE Pravasi Chitty scheme is a unique financial savings scheme launched by the Kerala government for the welfare of Keralites who are abroad. People working abroad do not have a lifelong job guarantee, and hence often struggle after coming back to India. The Pravasi chitty scheme is a savings scheme that comes with insurance coverage and a pension plan. To keep up with the data that will come through, the Kerala government has already made the necessary arrangements.
The state government has launched new software for the people to join the Pravasi Chitty scheme. Not only does the software allow people to join the scheme, but it also allows them to pay instalments, and also take part in Chitty Auctions.
How to register for the Kerala KSFE Pravasi Chitty Fund online?
Here is the complete process regarding online registration of the Kerala KSFE Pravasi Chitty Online form:
- The first step is to visit the official website of the Kerala KSFE Pravasi Chitty fund: https://www.pravasi.ksfe.com/
- On the KSFE Pravasi Chitty homepage, the applicant is supposed to click on the “Register now” tab as shown here:
- On the page that opens, the applicant has to select the residing country for customer registration. If the applicant is residing in India but not in Kerala, the applicant would have to register using Aadhaar or Voters ID.
- This Aadhaar or Voter ID Registration is for Keralites residing in any Indian state other than Kerala. However, other state residential proof is mandatory for completing the KYC process. If the applicant is residing abroad, then the applicant has to choose citizenship type and click on the “Proceed” button.
- Once clicked, the KSFE Pravasi Chitty 2021 Online Registration form will appear:
- Here, the candidates have to enter their citizenship country, residing country, passport number, expiry date of passport, personal details, ID type, OCI number, email ID, ISD code, phone number, username and several other details as asked in the form and then click on the “Register” button.
- The candidate has to then click on the “Verify with NORKA” button to complete the registration process.
Finally, the registered candidate can login through “Customer login” using the Username and Password.
Documents needed to apply for the scheme
- Passport / PIO / OCI
- Visa – except OCI / PIO Holders
- Expat ID / Labour ID
- For NRKs in India – Aadhaar / Voter ID and residential address proof
Summing it up
The Kerala government intends to better its infrastructure and develop the state to a metropolitan in the long run, for which, there will be a requirement of funds. The Pravasi Chitty fund will not only offer funds for the state government to improve the infrastructure of the state but also look after these contributors in their old age – by offering them pension benefits.