The Amma Vodi scheme is an initiative by the Andhra Pradesh Government and was launched by CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. The basic aim of the scheme is to support women of Below Poverty Line who have school-going children and find it too difficult to make ends meet with growing expenses.
The scheme was launched on the 10th of June 2019 and has been in effect ever since, making a positive impact on the lives of many BPL families in Andhra Pradesh.
Features of the AP Amma Vodi Scheme 2020
Some of the features that come with the AP Amma Vodi Scheme are mentioned herewith
- The funds will only be transferred to the applicant through bank transfer online, thereby assuring the safety
- Once the child of the applicant reaches grade 12, the benefits shall cease for the applicant
- Funds coming from the scheme would be provided every year in the month of January to beneficiaries so that their children can go on with their education
- If the child of the applicant drops out of schooling for any reason, the benefits would cease as well
In order to benefit from the scheme, the applicant should meet the following eligibilities:
- Only children studying in Government schools of Andhra Pradesh would be eligible for the scheme
- Permanent address of Andhra Pradesh state is a must for the applicant to hold
Education is essential for any individual to make it through the higher strata of the economic hierarchy. With the AP Amma Vodi Scheme, AP government takes a great step towards encouraging education among the BPL masses